My name is Jason Heppler and I am a digital historian in the Department of History at Stanford University. You can get in touch with me at
firstname.lastname@example.org. This is my open research notebook which contains notes of my ongoing research projects. The best places to start are:
- Recent activity: listing the most recent additions to the notebook
- All pages: see all pages in the notebook alphabetically
Also, check out the project tabs along the lefthand side. You can follow my Zotero library for recent items, and I also maintain GitHub repositories for other work related to my research and scholarship.
Cody and the Progressive Wild West
- A digital history project studying William F. Cody and the Progressive ideals that influenced his views of Native Americans performing in his Wild West exhibitions.
Machines in the Valley
- A running log of my thoughts on my book manuscript.
Silicon Valley Historical
- A public history project built upon Curatescape.
Visualization in the Humanities
- In what ways can historians take advantage of visualization techniques in the presentation and communication of historical arguments?
- A computational and spatial analysis of radical environmentalism.
- In what ways can spatial history benefit from the use of computation and visualization?
- hepplerj pushed to master at hepplerj/notebook: Fixing internal link. Reinitializing Bigfoot.js 08:41 2016/07/04
- hepplerj pushed to master at hepplerj/notebook: Changing how drafts are handled, using git branches instead of a draf… Minor tweak to the notes pages. 04:10 2016/07/03
- hepplerj opened issue hepplerj/arcDiagramR#2: Add text labels to nodes 06:16 2016/07/01
- hepplerj opened issue hepplerj/arcDiagramR#1: Add an option for link width 06:15 2016/07/01
- hepplerj pushed to master at hepplerj/arcDiagramR: Update to the README. 06:10 2016/07/01
- hepplerj pushed to master at hepplerj/arcDiagramR: Converting back to camelCase. Fixed node sizing and color selection. 06:08 2016/07/01
- hepplerj pushed to master at hepplerj/arcDiagramR: Fixed missing parens in DESCRIPTION. 03:20 2016/07/01
- hepplerj pushed to master at hepplerj/arcDiagramR: Updates to descriptions, licenses, etc. 03:13 2016/07/01